Thursday 13 September 2007

Garden

These are a few images of a few flowers I grew in my garden this year.
The thing about growing stuff is that nobody has ever grown those molecules and atoms and all that tiny stuff in exactly that way before. Sure, millions of people have grown billions of plants but not these plants. These are MY PLANTS. I GREW THEM. They belong to me in a way that they do not belong to anybody else. By a similar token, they do not belong to anybody because, though I helped them burst into life by nurturing them with water etc, they grew themselves really. It's not like I had to go out there and tell them which way the sun is or how to suck up nutrients from the soil. I reckon they had that bit covered pretty well themselves.

And so this beautiful lily

and it's white friends and the gladiolus above have brought colour and pulchritude into my space without any noticable effort on their part. I may be doing them a diservice. It may be incredibly hard to grow if you're a plant, who knows, except of course Prince Charles who has been listening to them for years.
This isn't Prince Charles, not even on a bad day. This is actually a sky monster who flew over my garden to have a look at it because it was so gorgeous.

It popped in for a chat as well. Of course, like all monsters it couldn't shut up once it got onto the subject of it's own attempts at cultivating roses for various village fayres to which it flies nationwide. I wish it would come back, I lent it my spare planting trowel. Don't suppose I'll ever see that again.

6 comments:

Thesaurus Rex said...

Thanks baby for helping with the photos. I guess we know it works so there's a job for you til I can do it for myself.

Sara said...

Glad you got them ok. I think adding pics makes blogs more appealing to read and easier on the eye. The flowers are gorgeous!

Sara said...

Idiot! What did you lend it your trowel for? I mean how likely were you to get that back? You lost your watering can to the last one that flew over. I keep telling you you're way too trusting and you need to put your foot down with these creatures.

Martin Stickland said...

Oh my oh my...you are as potty as me!!

So strange, I too was visited by a being from afar, don't they just get on your nerves.

Thesaurus Rex said...

Mags; Read? I only ever look at the pictures

Martin; I'm as sane as the next man. Unfortunately, so is the next man.

Tuyet said...

Pretty!